Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Before I say another word ...

... I'd like to acknowledge the George Cedric Metcalf Charitable Foundation. About a year ago, Cahoots Theatre Projects successfully applied for a three-year Strategic Initiatives grant to implement a plan called Sharing the Vision. This plan was devised to improve Cahoots' ability to communicate with its public. We're proud of the plays we produce and develop. With Sharing the Vision, we'll be able to have our work engage a larger audience.

In the first year of Sharing the Vision, Kendra and I installed a new database system (we have a wonderful software program called SUMAC), updated our website, and became more active in organizations such as PACT. Now in year two, we've introduced this blog. More improvements are on the way, stay tuned.

Anyway, none of this would have possible without the support of the Strategic Initiatives program. Since this is my soapbox, I'm going to tell you why I absolutely love the Metcalf Foundation (and no, I'm not kissing up). With them, it's all about the plan, not the paperwork. There are other stabilization grants out there but I swear some of them require ludicrous amounts of bureaucratic nonsense. No kidding, you fill out some of these applications and it's like you've just done thirty year's worth of income tax forms. Yeesh. But the Metcalf folks just get it. If I had the staff to fill out a thirty-page application, I wouldn't need a frickin' grant.

Okay, rant mode off. This started off graciously, that's how it'll end. To Cathy Smalley, Sandy Houston, and all the folks at the Metcalf Foundation, thank you. Your support makes a world of difference.

No comments: